September 23, 2008

Cheese Garlic Biscuits -MBP



My bookmarked recipes folder is ever growing and my attempt to bring the number down is not showing any results. When you have so many wonderful cooks around, dishing out equally appealing dishes, I think the only way I can clear up my bookmarked folder will be to start a new one. So I get a false joy of clearing the folder. Though I know there is a new one growing at the other drive. When the theme for MBP was announced by Siri, I knew what I was going to make, since this recipe is bookmarked ever since Cham posted it in her blog. As she says, its easy to make. I replaced all purpose flour with wheat flour/atta, since AP was out of stock. May be I would have used half and half. Except for that, I have followed her recipe.


Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tspn
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tspn
Baking soda - 1/4 tspn
Butter - 1/4 cup
Grated cheese - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped

Buttermilk - 3/4 cup


Preheat the oven at 230 C
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Cut the butter into flour to resemble crumbs. Add the garlic and cheese and stir in buttermilk to form a dough.Either roll to 1 inch thick dough with some flour and cut into any desired shape, else drop spoon full of the dough onto a cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until top is brown.


P.S
I was in a hurry while mixing the ingredients that I forgot to add the baking powder. So mine did not rise well. It had a crisp crust but inside tasted like garlic bread. Later I popped them in MW for a minute and it was crisp in the inside too. Now I have a reason to bake it again.

23 comments:

  1. Yeah even my bookmarked recips are over flowing.
    Even withoug the baking powder they look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not make out - they look perfectly crisp! I like the flavor of toasted garlic anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garlic Biscuits !! sounds great..
    I like the recipe very much.. and pic looks delicious

    chakali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful biscuits ...round and yummy! good jai loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely, glad u like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious,even without baking powder

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently discovered that vegan cheese bakes just as well as regular cheese and tastes good too, so I have to try these soon. Anything savory is always welcome and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think every blogger has a HUGE amount of bookmarked recipes! I hope that, at some point, I can try all of mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. good one jayasree,,can imagine the tatse of cheese and garlic..have to try them..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biscuits are looking excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they have risen quite a bit....great entry for the event!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think without the bakingsoda itself it'll be wonderful,buttermilk,garlic...waw i can smell it by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks yummy and delicious,perfect pic..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheese + Garlic == YUMMY! Thanks dear for sending in..

    Cheers,
    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  15. cheese and garlic in a biscuit? wow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks yum..I'm bookmarking this now :)...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheese biscuits...instant hit with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest on my blog.Appreciate your feedback. Leave your suggestions/comments which will help me improve my blog.