December 4, 2008

A glimpse of my kitchen treasures

When Dibs announced the Kitchen Treasure Hunt event, I had planned a post to showcase some of my kitchen treasures. No cooking only clicking required. But till the last day no pictures taken for the event. Today morning, I clicked few pics in hurry. Have a look at few of my treasures.


My day starts with preparing the coffee decotion. The size varies according to members present. I have two more which are larger in size. That comes out only during functions.




Idiyappam press has made it easier to prepare them. It was hard time using the the traditional press.


Koduval - I use this to break the coconut.


Chirava -Traditional coconut scrapper


Iyya Chombu to prepare rasam. This belongs to MIL's MIL. And it is more than 50 yrs old. Taste of rasam prepared in this vessel is unbeatable.

Uruli - Used to prepare payasam.


11 comments:

  1. Wowww, sure all these r real treasure...iyya sombu, koduval brings me loads of old memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful treasures. I don't have a traditional cherava.Every time i go back home iwant to buy one, but it never seems to get to thepoint ofbuying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. idiyappam preess is something really unique..have seen only those avialable today..nice post..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely treasures, Jayasree! I can't imagine life wihtou iyya chombu for rasam:) Must say kudos to three generations for maintaining that chombu! I am on my second one - the first one melted while I was chatting with my neighbour:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing all these treasures. I have press just like yours. And my MIL and grandma had chombus just like that.
    This is the post I have to do next, have to take pictures first, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iyya sombu and uruli are real treasures.... Great collections u ve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...that Koduval looks lethal! :-) Thanks for taking part! Its fun to see all these treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. u have great collecyion dear...reminds me of my nani' kitchen..all that brass and sickle...cool!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these are definitely treasures! Love each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really interesting to see your collection of rare & traditional vessels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest on my blog.Appreciate your feedback. Leave your suggestions/comments which will help me improve my blog.