April 25, 2008

Eggless Microwave Chocolate Cake



After dosas, I think it is the turn of MW chocolate cakes in blogosphere. When Srivally announced Cake as this month's theme for MEC, no confusion over which recipe to post, since I have only one fool proof MW cake recipe. This cake recipe was in the booklet that came with the oven. So here is my tried and tested version of the chocolate cake.

Ingredients
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar -3/4 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 5 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 2tbsp

Sieve flour,coco powder, baking powder and cooking soda in a bowl.Whisk butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy.
Add curd to it and blend them together .
Stir in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture slowly.
Add milk and gradually stir the mixture.
Pour the batter to a greased MW safe dish
MW at 100% power for 6 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes.
The cake batter consistency should be thin that when a spoon of batter dropped from height should fall like a ribbon. you can add more milk to get that consistency.

Serve with tea or coffee

So another chocolate cake at Srivally's MEC: Cake event.

14 comments:

  1. wow jayasree...thats so simple and wonderful..I finally don't have to run around for condense milk!..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is an eggless cake, great MW cake

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cake! looks so simple and delicious. nice entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great..should have tasted great too

    ReplyDelete
  5. valli, u can make this cake at any time since almost all the ingredients will always be available in our pantry.

    cham,uma,divya,vanamala,dhivya thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of those who can bake a cake in the m/w, I can't even do it with a regular oven... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am astounded to see so many of you baking a cake in a MW.....gosh, I suck at this job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! That's nice! I lost the book in which I had really good eggless m/w recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little surprise is waiting for u in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. sig, thanks. You can give a try with this cake. With MW, the result is almost instant.

    bhags, baking in MW is relatively easy. Since most of the MW cake recipes are simple.

    ssMom, It would have been nice if u had that book.

    Cham, thank you so much for the surprise on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely recipe ,can i use oil instead of butter in the above recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karishma, thanks for dropping by. I haven't tried it with oil. I guess it should give u good result.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest on my blog.Appreciate your feedback. Leave your suggestions/comments which will help me improve my blog.